Hagerty has long promoted the enjoyment of car culture and driving, entertaining those who are a part of it and welcoming those who are curious to learn more about the industry.
Working in the classic and collector car market is a dream for many, but the opportunities to do so are few and far between. To help alleviate this, Hagerty launches the 2023 Hagerty Intern program, in association with StarterMotor, a new initiative designed to offer a unique opportunity to gain real world automotive industry experiences.
Hagerty is a principle sponsor of StarterMotor and has been for a number of years. Like Hagerty, the charity has a passion in encouraging those interested in the classic car industry to enjoy all aspects of historic motoring, while also celebrating the rising popularity of modern classics.
The search for the Hagerty Intern begins on the StarterMotor stand at the Hagerty Hill Climb taking place at Shelsley Walsh, Saturday 28th May. Following the completion of an initial application form, selected applicants will be required to complete a selection of interesting tasks, including a video exercise and face to face interview.
• Hagerty launches search for an intern to join the UK team in 2023. Applicants will undertake a fun selection process to find the most suitable candidate • Brand new initiative, run in association with StarterMotor charity, offers a launchpad into the classic car industry • Successful candidate will be awarded a 12-month paid internship at Hagerty, working across multiple departments to gain a unique insight into running a global automotive brand • Internship commences in January 2023 and, if successful, could lead to further opportunities with Hagerty • The search for a Hagerty Intern launches at the Hagerty Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb event, taking place Saturday 28th May 2022
- you must be 18 or over on 1st January 2023
- you must have five GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English and Maths at Grade 4/C or better.
- an interest in cars, bikes and classic vehicles will be advantageous.
The internship – role and responsibilities
The successful Hagerty Intern will be awarded a 12-month, paid internship, working with all areas of the Hagerty UK team.
- This will include planning and attending events such as the Festival of the Unexceptional, devising exciting new marketing campaigns and learning how Hagerty values a car and assigns the correct insurance policy to protect that value.
- In addition, the successful intern will get an insight into various Hagerty partnerships and initiatives, and meet a host of exciting, influential and interesting people along the way…not least the Hagerty ambassadors which includes racing drivers, TV stars and industry leaders.
Mark Roper, Hagerty International Managing Director, said “For many enthusiasts the barriers to entry to the classic car industry can be daunting, but the Hagerty Intern program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable experiences across a variety of industry disciplines. I look forward to meeting the candidates throughout the year and encourage everyone who is interested to enter, as they may become our chosen intern.”
Hagerty International is based in Paulerspury, Northamptonshire. Most of the internship will be based here.
We are fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees, workers and job applicants, and to creating a culture that encourages and values diversity.
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply for the internship at every 2022 Hagerty Driving Series event on the StarterMotor stand, where the Hagerty team will be on hand to answer questions and to go through the process of applying for the internship scheme. The deadline to apply is Monday 5th September.