Today, automotive charity Ben is launching a new range of programmes on SilverCloud, its digital mental health and wellbeing platform, that are specially tailored to help younger automotive people aged 16 years+.
Completely free for anyone who works, or has worked, in the automotive industry – including new apprentices – SilverCloud gives people round the clock access to tools that can help them to better manage their mental health and wellbeing.
Programmes on the platform use an evidence based, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approach which focuses on the relationship between our thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. SilverCloud also helps individuals to develop positive coping strategies.
The new SilverCloud programmes being introduced today focus on key areas of mental health and wellbeing affecting young people such as anxiety, depression, resilience and positive body image. Each programme features a range of interactive tools such as videos, activities, quizzes, and audio guides as well as a personal online support journal.
Some key facts about SilverCloud – Ben’s digital mental health and wellbeing platform:
- Since January this year 924 individuals from the automotive industry have signed up and activated their SilverCloud programme
- 396 of those individuals chose a supported route. On choosing this option they are assigned a dedicated Ben’s Mental Health Supporter who holds regular reviews with the individual and helps them to navigate through the programme
- Anxiety, Sleep and Depression are currently the top 3 programmes of choice
Rachel Clift, Health & Wellbeing Director at Ben, said:
“We’ve been hugely encouraged to see so many people from across our industry signing up to SilverCloud since its launch and using the digital platform to help them look after their mental health and wellbeing. As we approach a key time of the year for fresh apprentice intakes, we’re anticipating a lot of new younger people entering our industry for the first time. This presents us with an opportunity to let them know about Ben and show that we’re here for them now and in the future.
“We’d like to ask as many automotive businesses as possible to support your new apprentices and younger people in your workforce by telling them about free access to the specially tailored programmes on SilverCloud. Looking after their mental health and wellbeing from an early age will help build their personal resilience and develop the ability to cope with change and future life challenges.
“To sign up to SilverCloud, colleagues can find out more and signup via our website. We also have information and resources for employers to use when recommending SilverCloud to colleagues to help them better manage their mental health & wellbeing.
“If you need more support with SilverCloud or anything else, contact our Helpline on 08081 311 333. We want the industry and all of its people to know that if they are struggling or in crisis then Ben is here to help.”Rachel Clift, Health & Wellbeing Director at Ben
Further support from Ben:
- Top Searches on Our Website: Ben provides health & wellbeing support for people who work or have worked in the automotive industry: See Top Searches
- Work, Health & Wellbeing: Support for those who are worried about job losses: www.ben.org.uk/work
- Tips, advice & tools to your inbox: Individuals can sign up to receive regular tips, advice & tools from Ben via email: www.ben.org.uk/signup
- Shareable digital assets to promote Ben’s support: To spread the word about Ben’s support across your internal and external channels, visit this Toolkit: https://publications.ben.org.uk/toolkit